The digestive juices which is secreted in stomach helps in food digestion.
when there is an imbalance in secretions of digestive juices, it leads to a condition called Acidity.
Thus, the term Acidity indicates the excess secretion of digestive juices in stomach.
· Excess intake of spicy, sour, salt contents foods
· Irregular food patterns i.e.., untimely food intake, over intake, less intake etc
· Excess intake of refrigerated foods, fermented foods, oily foods, stale foods etc
· More of junk intake, chocolates, deep fried items
· Loss of exercise
· Irregular sleep pattern
· Alcohol consumption, Smoking
· Over medications
· Exposure to sunlight
· Acid reflux
· Discomfort in chest region
· Sour belching
· Sour throat
· Heart burn
· Loss of apetite
· Irregular bowel movements
· Abdominal pain ,Body pain
1 tsp of fried jeera powder is boiled with 1 ltr of hot water, taken along with food helps in
Jeera kashaya is prepared by adding 1 tsp of fried jeera and it is taken along with butter
before food. also recommended to take with ghee.
fresh buttermilk , devoid of sour is advisable in acidity.
· Avoid spicy sour salt items ex- pickles, chutney powders, pepper, tamarind etc
· Citrus fruits ex- lemon, orange, pine apple, un-ripened mango
· Citrus vegetables ex- tomatoes
· Excess intake of Raw radish, chillies, capsicum, brinjal, garlic, ginger, potato etc
· Deep fried, chilled foods, oily foods, fermented foods
· Non- vegetarian diets especially, fish and chicken
· Junks and high calorie chocolates etc
· Self medications like-crosin, dolo, rantac etc and other medications in long term
· Food prepared out of Moong-dal like- pongal, sambar etc
· Luke warm water intake in between the food
· Follow proper food pattern (3 times a day)
· Sound sleep
· Intake of fruits like apple, pomogremate, grapes
Vegetables like green peas, carrot, beetroot, cucumber, drumstick, bitter guard, bottle guard